Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Coming Home

It is true that while we LOVE AMERICA and our friends and family that live here, there's something to be said for experiences abroad. We witnessed the miracle of a man who we thought was breathing his last breaths, go home the day before we left. We experienced an answer to prayer that had us restless...and made the days long, until good news was found out. We saw smiles and heard joyful laughter of little ones who have experienced extreme pain that should never be felt by a human being. We heard the echoes miles long of thunder through the night. We saw rainbows that reminded us that God is thinking about us and the people that surround us!

If one thing I learned on this trip it's this: When things seem like they are at the most hopeless, God comes in and turns this hopelessness to joy! The story isn't over. Does it mean that life is a walk in the park? No. But it does mean that God is with us. Yes - the Emmanuel we celebrate at Christmas. The one that we celebrate in the spring saying, "He is Risen!" He is still with us...making things new.





"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

It was a theme that started with a book I read while I was there and continued with all the different stories I heard throughout the trip. I'm encouraged, challanged, and honestly inspired by the experience.

Thanks so much for coming along with us on this trip via the blog. The story will continue!

p.s. I've posted some pictures on facebook for you to check out. Ashley has more - I'm sure of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment